Quality Furnace Maintenance for Your Home
It’s not just air conditioners that suffer from a lack of routine maintenance. Did you know a neglected furnace could emit carbon monoxide? Hundreds die every year from this deadly gas, and even more get sick because of it. The primary cause of excessive carbon monoxide in a furnace is the build-up of rust inside the unit.
Allowing your furnace to rest unused for six to eight months before running it on full demand can cause damage over time. To prolong the life of your system, have full system maintenance performed before you turn on the furnace for the first time each season. This regular maintenance and pre-season test reduces the likelihood of system breakdowns throughout the winter.
Atchley Air specializes in these kinds of heating maintenance services, with experience working on all heating systems. Whether you’re home has a forced air heating system or uses oil or water radiators, we’ve got you covered.
Heating Tune-Up Checklist:
- Thermostat inspection
- Electrical system inspection
- Heat exchanger inspection
- Burner cleaning
- Flame sensor test and clean
- Pressure switch inspection
- Testing of all safety switches and controls
- Testing of induction fan motor
- Carbon monoxide test
- Gas pressure adjustment if needed
- Testing for gas leaks
- Testing of capacitor
- Testing of motor bearings
- Testing of motor amperage
Benefits of Furnace Maintenance
Your furnace is a major investment and one of the most important appliances in your home. Like your air conditioning system, it requires preventative maintenance to perform optimally. Furnaces are complicated systems with many moving parts. The fuel that powers your furnace can create dangerous carbon monoxide if it isn’t handled correctly.
For these reasons, you should always hire a professional to perform your furnace tune-up. Benefits of furnace maintenance include:
- Savings on your energy bills
- Increased system life span
- Avoid sudden breakdowns and costly repairs
- Optimal system performance
- Keeps the manufacturer’s warranty in tact
Keep your furnace running at peak performance with preventative maintenance!
Contact Atchley Air today to schedule a furnace tune-up.
Call Atchley Air for Furnace Maintenance
Since 1958, our family-owned HVAC service company has earned its reputation as the trusted HVAC service provider in the region. When you want quality you can depend on and customer service you can always count on, the team at Atchley Air is ready to help.
We have more than 30 professionals on staff who can answer your questions, maintain your furnaces, and recommend the solutions you need to enjoy the year-round comfort you desire!
Contact Atchley Air to learn more about our company and why we’re the region’s most frequently recommended HVAC service provider.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Often Should My Furnace Receive a Tune-Up?
The best time to have your furnace tuned is before the fall every year. Scheduling maintenance before the start of the heating season will ensure it’s ready to handle your comfort needs.
What should I do between maintenance visits to avoid furnace repairs?
While a full tune-up should be left to a professional, there are several tasks you can perform to keep your furnace running smoothly, including:
- Replace filters every 60 to 90 days
- Ensure your vents are never blocked
- Vacuum your registers to keep them free of debris and buildup
- Test your thermostat to ensure the desired temperature is being reached
- Visually inspect the outside of your furnace for leaks or other visible damage
- Call a professional at the first sign of trouble, such as strange noises